Who is Smik?

Tuesday 22 March 2011

What are your top 10 ICT tools for education?

I am interested in knowing which are the ten ICT tools that you use most often (or are the most useful).
Think about what you've used most often in the last 10 days.

Here are mine

  • Email: I have 2 different tools
  • blogging tools: Blogger, Posterous - I use both
  • MS Word
  • MS Excel
  • Prezi - I can't imagine going back to Powerpoint for my presentations
  • Twitter in combination with TweetDeck - again I have 2 accounts
  • XnView - I used this all the time for capturing screen dumps, creating images.
  • RSS reading software: again I have 2 different tools
  • Browser - combined with Google Search. Again I use 2 differnt browsers.
  • editing html - I often look at the raw html for a blog post especially when the blogging software doesn't readily enable a feature like indenting or whatever I've done creates line spaces I don't want.

You'll see I am listing more than 10... mainly because I've also used these in the last few days.

  • MS Access
  • MS Picture Manager
  • Second Life

So what do you use regularly that I don't have on my list? A comment would be great.

Some sites that may be useful to you

On his blog Chris Betcher talks about the skills 21st century teachers need to have.
He says there are 5 skills that affect our ability to function with fluency:

  1. Learn to Search
  2. Learn to resize and crop a Digital Photo
  3. Learn how to edit video
  4. Learn to use an html editor
  5. Learn to think in hyperlinks

What do you think? Are there any of those that you can't do? I must admit the video one is on my still-to-be-learned list. You might like to pop over to Chris' post and leave a comment there.

Posted via email from You Are Never Alone

No comments: