Who is Smik?

Monday 11 January 2010

Education.au BlogFest #3: embedding content

Our new task is to embed content in a blog post.

I have a number of things already embedded in my blog's public face.
If you look to the left you will see a widget provided by BoxNet which is a public storage facility. The widget shows people what I have stored and allows them to access presentations etc. I have often used it in conjunction with workshops so that participants can check up on what they covered in the workshop.

Until today, I thought that the Odiogo widget that I have embedded in my blog allowed visitors to have my posts read to them. Today I have discovered that it isn't working. I'm not sure how I go about removing it if I can't remedy the problem.

On the left you can see that I also have an edna search embedded, and below that various RSS feeds including the edna headlines.

What all these widgets are supposed to do is to provide content with minimal effort on my part.

3 comments:

Cecily said...

Thanks for the widget ideas Kerrie. I think the storage one will be particularly useful for sharing presentations etc. I wonder if the new edna Simple Search can be embedded.

Nick said...

Kerrie some useful widgets there on the right. Are the edna search, etc widgets freely available?

Ali Hall said...

I really like the LinkWithin widget that I have found and put on my All in Bits and Pieces blog. I can see how having the Box widget would make your materials more easily accessible after presentations etc.
@Cecily I don't think there is a simple search yet
@Nick there are some generators here http://www.edna.edu.au/edna/go/resources/toolkit/generators and they are all free :)